1. Watch the video.
2. Match the adjectives to their meanings
A. Exciting or impressive
B. Full of activity and excitement
C. Extremely beautiful or elaborate
D. Providing views of beautiful scenery
E. Very pleasant or attractive
F. Having or showing beauty or scale
G. Graceful and stylish in appearance
H. Sense of spiritual mystery and awe
3. Match the vocabulary to their definitions
4. Blarney Stone
8. Glen Fiddich
A. A feature that is a source of pride
B. Leave a ship, aircraft or train
C. Impressiveness in appearance or style
D. A neglected abandoned area.
E. An object of cultural or historical interest
F. A famous Scottish whiskey
G. A famous limestone stone in blarney
H. Know someone or something
I. Friendly generous welcome of guests
J. Not having a roof or a retractable roof
K. Fluent or persuasive
L. Exciting and glamourous character
M. Comprehensively or thoroughly
N. A place or occasion for presenting
4. Comprehension questions
1. Where does the journey begin?
2. What sites can you visit while in London?
3. Where can you have a welcome meal?
4. Where is the elegant hotel located?
5. What can you visit in Bath?
6. What is the capital city of Wales?
7. How old is the castle in the city?
8. What is the name of the sea you have to cross to reach Ireland?
9. What is Waterford famous for?
10. What can you kiss at the castle?
11. How many nights can you stay at the Killarney plaza hotel?
12. What can you visit in the evening in Killarney after dinner?
13. What are the names of the cliffs along the Atlantic coastline?
14. How long do the cliffs stretch?
15. What can you visit in Liverpool?
16. What can you explore in Scotland?
17. What is the name of the most celebrated whiskey in Scotland?
18. What is the name of the narrow medieval shopping street in York?
19. Who was born in Stratford upon Avon?
20. Where does the journey end?